Call for submissions: Special issue 'Honors Education in the Digital Age'
Special issue: Honors Education in the Digital Age
Journal of the European Honors Council invites submissions to Volume 4 Number 1 (2020) for inclusion in a special issue on Honors Education in the Digital Age.
With technology taking an ever-more dominant role in the university classrooms, this special issue aims to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to reassess and re-conceptualize the role of honors and talent development programs in the Digital Age. Prospective contributors are encouraged to think boldly and propose ideas for how to conceptualize honors education in the twenty-first century. The goal of the issue is to:
1) draw attention to how emerging technology is changing the landscape of education, and changing the way we live and work, which requires a different skill set, and to
2) present new theoretical ideas that will inspire future research.
Contributions may include original research papers and brief reports in the form of ‘notes’.
The journal welcomes submissions on any relevant topic, including:
- Millennials, Generation Z, and digital learners
- Relevant Digital Age literacies
- Role of Liberal Arts in the Digital Age
- Faculty development for the Digital Age
- Emerging technologies to enhance honors education
- Emerging technology implementation strategies in honors education
- Implementation strategies for life-long learning
- Adapting traditional honors practices to the digital learners
- Empowered, self-directed, personalized learning
- Engaging and relevant learning experiences
- Blended learning
- Hyper-connected learning
- Honors leadership in the Digital Age
- Data-driven honors and learning analytics in honors
- Implications for honors of the neuroscience insights into the learning brain
- Honors learning spaces in the Digital Age
- Infrastructure for honors in the Digital Age
- Role of community in the Digital Age
- Honors as a learning laboratory in the Digital Age
- Ethical implications of Digital Age technologies
The submission guidelines can be obtained here
About the Journal
The aim of the Journal of the European Honors Council (JEHC) is to share research results, knowledge and good practices related to talent development in higher education. European Honors Council (EHC): a council for all involved in talent development in higher education in Europe, publishes the journal.
JEHC publishes peer-reviewed research papers, as well as notes on good practices or preliminary research results.
JEHC publishes in full open access. The author(s) retain(s) copyright of their contributions. Contributions are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY 4.0).
Journal of the European Honors Council is included in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
Deadline for submitting your contribution: October 1st, 2019
Planned publication: January 2020
All inquiries should be directed to:
The Editorial Board (Maarten Hogenstijn, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, coordinating editor); firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this call as pdf